Monday, February 10, 2014

Fun Times in the Wine Country

Okay, as awesome as our vacation was, our first week back was almost equally bad. I guess you could call it a vacation hangover, but it was just rough.  It felt miserable.  So I took last week to re- everything -- regroup, replan, rethink.  But I'll get to that later.

Anyway, for now I'm back to photo dump some more.

As I said, our first week was in the wine country.  And while that sounds a bit grown-up, all ages of my family had a great time.  It was due largely to the good company, but there is some great family-friendly to be had in that region of California too.  

One day we went to Armstrong Woods (not too far from where this story happened).  We had a nice stroll through the huge trees.



The day we left to head east and then south, we stopped at Train Town in Sonoma. It was the one rainy day of our whole trip (which, I just have to say, was depressingly unusual for Northern California this time of year -- there is a very scary drought going on!).  In spite of the cold and wet, we had a great time!
Here are my pilot guys, after landing:
There are lots of little rides and a train that wraps through the grounds.
It stops in this cute little miniature town that also has a petting zoo.
Check out this enormous sheep!!
Wyatt couldn't decide just what it was, and he went through several animals and his full repertoire of animal sounds before we agreed it was (probably) a sheep.

He liked it all.
But especially the train.
Okay, here is one of the many, MANY reasons I adore Skyler. We saw this little privy, and I said, "Ooh! Sit down for a picture!" And without a moment's hesitation, she did -- and then laughed hysterically with me about the resulting shot.
So can anyone have fun in the wine country?  Even sans le vin?  

Well, I think my kids would unanimously say, "Absolutely!"

1 comment:

  1. How very fun! We'll have to check it out some time. -Your sister

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and make my day! Leave a comment! :-)