Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sisters, Sisters

{Major photo dump alert!}

Well, I'm entering my week of craziness... after finishing one.  But last week was a totally fun kind of crazy because finally... my sister got to come visit me!!!

Jenny arrived on Tuesday and left Thursday, but for two really fun-filled sun-filled days, I got to show her and her four kids this wonderful place we've called "home" for the past almost-two years!

I have been praying for sunny days for her visit ever since I heard she was planning this trip... which was, I think, six months ago.  Annnd... my prayers were answered.  It was absolutely beautiful for her visit.

And it promptly started raining Thursday morning as she and my dad, who had driven up from California with her and my mom, were loading up the car to leave.

In the meantime, we showed them *almost* all our favorite places.  (There are a few that we just didn't have time for.  Boo.)  I think you can see why we love it here.



It was kind of wild having eight kids and four adults here. (One kid not pictured.  And the other just an orange dot in the background.)

But also lots of fun.

I saw how Wyatt loved playing with his boy cousins, Nathan and Jacob.  If they were wrestling on the floor... he was wrestling on the floor.  He loved it.  I hope they did, too, and didn't mind the scratches.  :-/  Trust me, it was all love.  Especially for his cousin Sophia, who is just a month-and-a-half older than him.


Fortunately, everyone was happy to do at least a little hiking -- my kids because they wanted to show these places we love and Jenny's kids because they were up for some new adventures.



And let's just take a moment to appreciate how pretty my mama is!!
 Wyatt looks super grumpy in all these pics, but it was just part of his "ruggedly handsome" PNW-style pose.

For us, it was also a celebration of our home here and the beginning of our good-bye since we leave so soon.  Uh, yeah, about that.  A week from tomorrow.  Denial, denial, denial.  I prefer the word "soon" because it has a more open-to-interpretation kind of meaning.

I'm sure it's going to be a great adventure, but acting like tourists around here for a couple days reminded us how much we've loved this place.  (I know, I know, I sound like a broken record...)  And how much we're going to miss it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and make my day! Leave a comment! :-)